How did you realize you love asian guys? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Lifetime
prelude4 May 26 '12
Question for the ladies..of course you are welcome to comment on this thread even if you are a guy :D We are gay friendly.
Share:
newyorkcity654 May 29 '12
I got into asian men end of may 2011. I love the culture,food and music. 
jieunah Jun 5 '12
I realized it three years ago. My first love was Japanese. I was just 16 and since then asian ppl are so hypnotizing to me. I'm mostly attracted to japanese and korean.
daisydaze Jun 5 '12
For me it would have to be 2 years ago when my brother got me into korean dramas. Now, I'm just interested in Asian guys but mainly Koreans. "if you're not Asian don't even bother talking to me " lol
The Forum post is edited by prelude4 Jun 5 '12
Attachments:
  ilovekoreanboys.jpg (460.79Kb)
Xenexia Jun 30 '12

I think it was 4 or 5 years ago that I lost my heart to a coworker... He was part Japanese...and I wanted so badly to impress him by looking up things about the japanese culture and language...
And I just lost my heart <3 
(even though it never worked out between us)

gigimx Jul 1 '12
I guess it was with my first BF many years ago who was half Japanese, and then again just 6 months ago when I met my Chinese ex-BF when I realized that I really like Asian guys, so now I'm dating a Japanese guy who is really cool. :-D
Silove Jul 10 '12
Probably when I saw Shane in Mulan xD
kpopdbzgirl18 Jul 14 '12
I always liked them cause they were different, and plus I was always surrounded by Hispanics and Blacks. And I wanted something different and then it was official once I got into kpop 3 years ago. Even though I like Koreans, any other kind of Asian would just as great. Plus I also like the language and food :D
Serafima Jul 15 '12

Quote from Silove Probably when I saw Shane in Mulan xD

MUSHU! <3  thats when i started it .. *lol*

Quote from daisydaze For me it would have to be 2 years ago when my brother got me into korean dramas. Now, I'm just interested in Asian guys but mainly Koreans.

Yes, dramas, that was part of it too, with me , when i watched historical Dramas :D and from them i got into Korean/Japanese Popular Music too.. xD

And also as you read manga and watch anime as a kid, sometimes you start to wonder whats the people behind it ^^
then: the asian culture, japanese kimono, korean hanbok, samurai *-*, asian martial arts,(aikido :3 ) ,  ways of eating (chopsticks) , the food,
everything starts to fascinate you :D and of course the people who created all this ^^

so finally you .. how do i put it .. open your eyes to a different kind of Beauty? ^^

kpopdbzgirl18 Jul 16 '12
Quote from Serafima
Quote from Silove Probably when I saw Shane in Mulan xD

MUSHU! <3  thats when i started it .. *lol*

Quote from daisydaze For me it would have to be 2 years ago when my brother got me into korean dramas. Now, I'm just interested in Asian guys but mainly Koreans.

Yes, dramas, that was part of it too, with me , when i watched historical Dramas :D and from them i got into Korean/Japanese Popular Music too.. xD

And also as you read manga and watch anime as a kid, sometimes you start to wonder whats the people behind it ^^
then: the asian culture, japanese kimono, korean hanbok, samurai *-*, asian martial arts,(aikido :3 ) ,  ways of eating (chopsticks) , the food,
everything starts to fascinate you :D and of course the people who created all this ^^

so finally you .. how do i put it .. open your eyes to a different kind of Beauty? ^^

Agreed :3

expect I'm more into TaeKwonDo 

tenzin Jul 16 '12
Ooh, this goes back to my early childhood when I loved to watch TV series and movies about hospitals. And half of the doctors (including my favourite characters) were Asian. So I guess it started there. But when I really think about it, I've never had this ''sudden'' realization, it just seems like I've always thought that way. And by ''that way'' I don't mean that I only like asians, I mean that I've never thought that it's weird to date someone from a different race, or even gender, despite the fact that both of my parents were a bit racist and homophobic.
The Forum post is edited by tenzin Jul 16 '12
Ser1gala Jul 17 '12
Quote from Desmond Ooh, this goes back to my early childhood when I loved to watch TV series and movies about hospitals. And half of the doctors (including my favourite characters) were Asian. So I guess it started there. But when I really think about it, I've never had this ''sudden'' realization, it just seems like I've always thought that way. And by ''that way'' I don't mean that I only like asians, I mean that I've never thought that it's weird to date someone from a different race, or even gender, despite the fact that both of my parents were a bit racist and homophobic.

that last comment made me laugh :d
Charletta Sep 1 '12
Growing up my school had seriously less than 10 asians so my attraction didn't start till college. My first serious bf was Filipino. I thought he was mexican at first because I didn't know many Asians to begin with. Wow was that ignorant. But now that's all I look at. I'm not into anime, manga or Koop. I like my men to look like men. If I liked girly men id be a lesbian. I don't only go for them because of the way they look. I've found that the majority of Asians are very family oriented.and that they are generally well educated and strive for success. That's a huge turn on. More girls should be open minded. Cuz one day my little mixed babies will be more beautiful than their plain white ones.
Charletta Sep 2 '12
Wow you're an idiot if you gonna say I'm racist. And look at most Kpop artists, they wear more makeup than I do. And that's my personal preference not to be attracted to them. Did I say girls who like them are lesbians?? No I didn't. And the mixed baby comment is not as serious as you are taking it little girl. I get more slack for being into Asian guys than most people I know. Nobody asks girls why they like black or white guys. So why is it shocking when I don't? You can keep your opinion to yourself. If I was racist would I be on this site? You are barking up the wrong tree.
Lifetime
prelude4 Sep 2 '12

Quote from Eleni
Sadly that is exactly the kind of reply I was expecting. :( I didn't say you are being a racist against Asians, but against white people. Yes, that is possible. This "plain white ones" is quite shocking. :( I like Asians too. Since I'm on this site you should know that much, but I find what you said offensive and I would feel the same way if you said "plain Asian babies" or "plain black babies". Now I didn't call you a racist. I don't even know you. I'm just saying one might think you are one when reading your post,even if it was just an unfortunate choice of words. Anyways, I'm not the kind of person who usually comes to the forum to argue, so I'm going to stop here, but please do consider your words before you speak.  :) 

getting off topic here.  maybe you should start a new thread to talk about this.
Serafima Sep 2 '12
Yah, I wont delete anything, but please try not to throw words like
"racist" versus "plain white " or stuff like this around. I dont think both is appropriate.

Charletta:

Dont generalize please, you can love your babies all you want, you can love them more than everything on this world, but keep in mind that people will be offended if you put other nations down.
Edit: Plus you get a remark for your last post. Please dont get personal, just because people are offended, and you are offended too.

Eleni:

Please keep in mind that words like "racist" describe people who do wish other races bad things or do bad things to other races.
Dont throw words like "racist" around easily, it will offend people too!!!
Edit: Yeah, it was an unfortunate choice of words, but also on your side.
You could've said something like: prejudiced. close minded to white people. etc, you know?

The Forum post is edited by Serafima Sep 2 '12
Blcknight Sep 2 '12
Quote from prelude4
How did you realize you love asian guys?
Question for the ladies..of course you are welcome to comment on this thread even if you are a guy :D We are gay friendly.
I hope i will never realize that lol.

Charletta Sep 3 '12
I apologize if anyone took offense to my comment. It may have been regarded negatively. But it was not meant to be taken so seriously about the mixed baby comment. I love all babies and people whether they are white, black, purple, or green. it's more offensive to insinuate that I'm racist towards Caucasians. Your instigation of hatred of any human race is repugnant. So Please take your own advice and choose your words wisely as well.
The Forum post is edited by Charletta Sep 3 '12
AmandaPanda Sep 3 '12

hmm thats such a good question ive always been attractive to the culture and how different thing are in the asian culture than here. im an artist and i draw anime and i can honestly say i fell in love wit the world of asia before i was even born i came out knowing that i love asian guys most ^^ just so attractive and different im a unique person and i guess im only interested in other unique people  :)

My mother told me she used to crave asian food when she was prego with me haha its all she could eat, (authentic asian food). i can say the falling for guys may have started with inuyasha haha i love him he was my first anime asian guy that just made my heart skip haha. but besides that i used to write stories and create manga stories from before 5th grade so again i came out loving asains and the culture and the food.

But yeah haha i love it all because its so different just like me <3

The Forum post is edited by AmandaPanda Sep 3 '12
traceyt Oct 2 '12
I think for me, I started finding Asian men attractive when I was 12. I used to live in Maryland and we (my adopted parents, sister, and i) visited DC quite a few times. I can remember as if it happened yeaterday, but we were walking towards the White House and an Asian man (probably in his early twenties) walked by me and I made no attempts to hide that I was checking him out. LOL. I believe he winked at me. After he was already a few feet away in the other direction, I said out loud "wow...that guy was so hot!" And my mom pretty much told me not to like them for some certain reason (I think she mentioned something about them not being Christian...oh yes...she's made quite a few racist remarks in her lifetime...). The rest of that day, I kept thinking about him. I remember in high school I drew a lot of Japanime. I loved watching "Sailor Moon" too ;) <br />
<br />
I've never had an Asian boyfriend, (and I've pretty much dated every color of the rainbow) but I did have a crush on a coworker of mine who joined the Army and I joined the Air Force a yr after him. We were stationed at the same base for my basic training and tech school. He was EXTREMELY shy. When I had to revisit his base for a training course,we met up again and we spent a lot of time together. I probably would have tried to see if it would work out, but I was stationed in Germany for 3 years and that would have been a VERY long long-distance relationship :p turns out when I was in the Air Force that I met my son's "father" (he left when I was 4 months pregnant with him). He's Thai and Polish. (His Mom is Thai and dad is polish). So, my son is British (from me), Polish, and Thai. I think the reason he looks so white is because Bryce's grandad (on the "father's" side) is polish and those traits along with my British self are more prominent. <br />
<br />
I recently have started listening to KPop. My son loves listening to KPop as well as try to sing along (like myself) ;) <br />
<br />
Sorry...started to write a novel there... :p hehehehe
The Forum post is edited by traceyt Oct 2 '12
Pages: 1 2 3 »