AMWF marriage | Forum

Kymelb Apr 18 '13

Hey, so for this question i am not here to cause an argument or get on the wrong side of anyone. I merely am curious to know whether many of you would actually marry a non asian woman rather than just date her.

Of course I mean if all of the feelings were right and the communication was good and the circumstances felt right....

Thanks guys :)

Share:
Ringer Apr 18 '13
All joking and baiting aside, I'm actually looking to get married to a Caucasian woman.

I just haven't been able to meet one where it's mutual yet.
It's always been one sided and unrequited.
Jaws Apr 18 '13

I can see myself marrying a woman of a different race, its much more likely than a same-race marriage for me. I'm not going for just one race in particular but I do have a thing for South Asian and brunettes right now. 

The most important thing is that we can make each other very happy. <3

Kymelb Apr 18 '13
For me love has no racial barriers. I have always had boyfriends of different races, which is quite different for someone who grew up in white bread back of nowhere. My mother especially expects that I will marry a guy who is of another race and loves that idea. Diversity is the key to remembering we are all men and women regardless of where we come from.
Kymelb Apr 18 '13
*bred
Jaws Apr 20 '13
A.. don't feel bad for being too white-bread. You're still pretty awesome,.

You're right. Diversity is awesome because there's no stigma for liking someone who is "different"; we are all human beings. 

rafaelm Jun 23 '13
i myself looking for white women love no barriers as i would think :) 
bamboored Jun 28 '13
Maybe I will as I'm living in aus
Kymelb Jul 11 '13

Quote from Benny Maybe I will as I'm living in aus

Cool :)
Miketo Nov 11 '16
For me it's not about a race of a woman.  She has to be submissive and be feminine.
foreverblue Nov 17 '16
I am planning to marrying my gf if everything goes well.  I do have to say, we have number of talks because the culture difference.
Miketo Nov 17 '16

Quote from foreverblue I am planning to marrying my gf if everything goes well.  I do have to say, we have number of talks because the culture difference.

Good luck with that.  I see black woman/white woman that aren't willing to adopt to Asian man's culture. 
anthonyc2 Dec 27 '16
New guy here. But I've especially seen AMWF marriages happen. At least, I've met their kids. So it's there.
peterlee Dec 29 '16
Are they like in Western countries or?
foreverblue Jan 9

Quote from Miketo
Quote from foreverblue I am planning to marrying my gf if everything goes well.  I do have to say, we have number of talks because the culture difference.

Good luck with that.  I see black woman/white woman that aren't willing to adopt to Asian man's culture. 

I think one of biggest talk with gf is to taking care of parents.  As when they getting older and I might have to take them in under the same roof.  I told her that is not only just apply to my parents, it applies to her parents as well.  In her mind, it is our life and it should just only "us" and the kids. 

Man... had multiple talks and almost break up because that....  ~_~
TanAsianMan Jan 21
Quote from Kymelb For me love has no racial barriers. I have always had boyfriends of different races, which is quite different for someone who grew up in white bread back of nowhere. My mother especially expects that I will marry a guy who is of another race and loves that idea. Diversity is the key to remembering we are all men and women regardless of where we come from.
Cool... then go for it there is so many asian men in here... choose hehehe
Janaki Jan 22
I think that it is wonderful the way the Asian culture cares for and respects their parents and the older generations.  That is one of the reasons I am attracted, and I would expect the elderly parents to live with us if I was married.
Sue Jan 28
Quote from foreverblue
Quote from Miketo

I think one of biggest talk with gf is to taking care of parents.  As when they getting older and I might have to take them in under the same roof.  I told her that is not only just apply to my parents, it applies to her parents as well.  In her mind, it is our life and it should just only "us" and the kids. 

Man... had multiple talks and almost break up because that....  ~_~
Man...that is something that I wouldn't even think about when dating someone let alone bring it up in conversation. It may be sad to say, but who's to say that they'll even still be around at that time. 

My grandmother is at that age now, she should have sold her house years ago before my grandfather passed, she won't move up to NY to live with my mom (it wouldn't be a good place for her anyway) so she is living with her younger daughter and her husband but she has mental issues (manic depressive) and doesn't even want my mom visiting. They should have worked out something years ago, my other grandma is in an apartment style home for rich elderly people. They have 2 restaurants, a church, a hospital wing,  and activities there, she even has a garden and a guest room. So I have visited her a few times. However, my other grandmother doesn't have the funds for something such as this...and my aunts house is small. I just hope they can be happy there and I can still visit. 

Sorry this was so long....it has been on my mind lately.
The Forum post is edited by Sue Jan 28
raddbeth Jan 31
As a woman who doesn't want to have children, here's my .02 on my chances for being in an AMWF marriage:

I very much have a preference for Asian men, leaning mostly towards Korean men. I have YET to meet one (including the 5 months that I was in Seoul) who didn't want to have children. Let me rephrase: who weren't expected to have children by their families and culture. I was seen as lesser and just for fun mainly due to that reason. I think this applies to many Asian cultures.

I have not dated any Asian American men at this point, mostly because I am hoping to move out of the country one day. But maybe there is a larger portion of that demographic who do not want to have children. *shrug* 

PaulThaAsian Mar 2
Personally I'd absolutely marry a WF. I've actually pretty much only dated WF anyway. But as long as it is the right person it could be any race
Pages: 1 2 »