White wash VS. Cultured?? Question for the ladies | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
blazinazn420 Oct 14 '13
First of all let me say I'm sorry if the term white wash is offensive I just didn't know what else to call it.

I'm was adopted from South Korea when I was a baby and spent my whole life with an American (Caucasian) family. So I would consider myself white-wash, the only thing about me that's Asian is the way I look. I've noticed quite a few women on here that are saying they're attracted to Asians because of the culture.

So my question is...Are you more attracted to an Asian man who is white wash or cultured? 

Share:
nostain Dec 24 '14
lol, did you really ask this question
HabitualDayDreamer Jan 3 '15
Try not to think of it that way. You are who you are and your background is what it is. You are Asian because it's who you are. It's not an action or behavior. If people can't accept that then they are ignorant. I don't think there is any such thing as "white wash" You can only act like your upbringing naturally. Besides… What is acting "asian" or "black" or "white"? these are all labels that in the end divide us further. Sure many women appreciate "asian" cultural values and such but I personally can say that it doesnt define a person. It's just like a condiment.. or icing or something. I'ts nice to notice and appreciate but it's not that big of a deal. If it is a big deal to someone then they may be just fetishy or something LOL.  
The Forum post is edited by HabitualDayDreamer Jan 3 '15
HabitualDayDreamer Jan 3 '15
To add. I have an adopted sister from Korea. I'm Black Puerto Rican. Sh'es older than me and was already nearly a teen when we got her. she taught me how to cook Korean food and now I make it better than she does and she owns a restaurant. I also have generally preferred more "Asian" aesthetic things like decoration, food, culture, and always have even from a very young age. She has always been more inclined to the Afro/rican things and none of it was forced for either one of us. We just are who we are. Granted she owns a restaurant and a nail salon which i joke and say makes her the MOST Korean in the world LOL. Does that make her "Rican washed" and me "korean washed"? LOL
The Forum post is edited by HabitualDayDreamer Jan 3 '15
nostain Jan 11 '15
do puerto ricans adopt asian children? lol. first time hearing that. maybe i'm wrong but i didn't know that puerto rico was that wealthy couNtry to adopt children? isn't puerto ricoa communist country like cuba?
SavingLives Jan 13 '15
People born in Puerto Rico are US citizens. Although it is it's own country, it is sometimes considered a part of the US. It is no where near a communist country like Cuba is
ChesMove86 Apr 19 '15
Personally, I find Asian men physically attractive.  Their cultural background is interesting, but not a make or break issue.  I met and dated a man from South Korea who was adopted by white parents here in the US at 3 months old, so he has very little connection with his Korean background.  His is a US background.  But that didn't make him any less appealing to me.  Or any more appealing to me for that matter.  If a girl likes you, she'll like you no matter what your cultural background is.
MuayThai209 May 10 '15
My parents were always gone working two jobs each.

I didn't learn how to speak my language much. Only little things like tree, lemon, and rice lol. Putting together a sentence is almost impossible for me.

However, I've always been very interested in my culture. I'm interested in ancient history altogether, so I know a lot about my people's history.

But just for the fact that I only speak English, my Cambodian friends call me white-washed.

lilykinz Nov 22 '15
I must admit, part of the appeal of the Asian male for me is that he is NOT the typical anglo American guy inside. A guy can look amazing, with beautiful Asian eyes and sleek body, but if i close my eyes and can't tell the difference... meh. To me it's a package deal. I like the look, the culture, the accent, the upbringing, the manners, the language, the different perspective, the cuisine, the lifestyle....
Tonygrrr Oct 29 '16
So i don't know if it's a compliment or an insult when a girl tells me that she "never expected to be so attracted to an Asian guy."  :/
Miketo Nov 12 '16

Quote from HabitualDayDreamer To add. I have an adopted sister from Korea. I'm Black Puerto Rican. Sh'es older than me and was already nearly a teen when we got her. she taught me how to cook Korean food and now I make it better than she does and she owns a restaurant. I also have generally preferred more "Asian" aesthetic things like decoration, food, culture, and always have even from a very young age. She has always been more inclined to the Afro/rican things and none of it was forced for either one of us. We just are who we are. Granted she owns a restaurant and a nail salon which i joke and say makes her the MOST Korean in the world LOL. Does that make her "Rican washed" and me "korean washed"? LOL

OMG! You're going to make a guy happy some day. 

OP I wouldn't worry about it I came to Canada when I was 6.  I didn't learn Korean culture from my parents much later.  Even then it's very little.
maverick1991 Nov 17 '16

Quote from TonygrrrSo i don't know if it's a compliment or an insult when a girl tells me that she "never expected to be so attracted to an Asian guy."  :/

I personally don't mind it at all. Don't be over-sensitive. So she had never found an asian handsome. What's the problem? Now she did, and it's YOU. You should be happy. Everyone has preferences, it can be ethnicity, height, weight, colour of the hair...

FluffyBunny Apr 22
If hes a good person then i don't really care which category he falls under.
Gandewa Apr 22
Haha, most Asian men here are white boy, such Korean, Japan, Chinese, etc. I just feel not confidence, coz I'm not in that categories. But, it's really fun to found this SN. Greetings for you all from Indonesia. Sorry my English skill is very bad, just want to improve it. Hohaho